NOTICE: Due to overwhelming demand, we are not able to accept new clients at this time. Please check back on March 15, 2019.
For other issues or questions regarding our group, please email us: rachel (at) specialsupportservices (dot) com.
TYPES OF SERVICES WE OFFER
- Navigate special education process including, but limited to, partnering with parents and school; review of IEP or 504 plan, evaluations and other documentation.
- Assist with development of strengths-based IEPs.
- Review available educational services and supports for students with disabilities.
- Advise families on planning and implementation for using assistive technology.
- Facilitate IEP meetings and mediation.
- Represent families in a due process or administrative hearings also called impartial hearings.
- Help with Plan of Care investigations and educating families on who the gatekeepers to services are.
- Develop strategies for participation and planning for disability specific entitlements long-term planning and services.
- Discuss cross benefits that explore, consider and cover inclusion and LRE/LRA as per education and mental hygiene laws.
- Provide ongoing advocacy efforts such as sharing information about patient rights, parent rights, resources, direct advocacy and 1:1 training.
- Establish crisis response plan for parents who are having emotional dilemmas related to the influx of choices and responsibilities that come with raising and caring for a disabled child and/or adolescent.
- Conduct workshops on parent empowerment pathways and roads to success.
- Recommend specialists, service providers, and evaluators.
While we are familiar with laws pertaining to special education, we do not provide legal advice. We cannot represent you in state or federal court.